Frequently Asked Questions.
No. Reimbursement under the PawSpace Assurance is generally paid out of our own pocket—though we reserve the right to refer a claim to our insurance carriers when necessary or appropriate.
The PawSpace Assurance exists to fill the gap when the responsible party—usually the pet care provider—is unable or unwilling to pay for costs arising from damage or injury attributable to their negligence, and when insurance is not available. It is a contractual agreement from PawSpace to protect its users, enforceable in accordance with the PawSpace Assurance Terms and Conditions.
The process may vary. We’ll work as quickly as possible with hopes of resolving all claims within 14 days of receiving all appropriate documentation.
Refunds and reimbursement are considered on a case-by-case basis. When it comes to refunds for services, PawSpace requires that owners and pet care providers attempt to work together before filing a reimbursement claim.
We’re here for both pet owners and pet care providers, and we take concerns from both parties seriously. Safety is a top priority for us, and results for parties found at fault can range from coaching to removal from the community. We’ll always do our best to come to a fair resolution.
What is covered:
- Vet care for injuries to a pet owner’s pet(s) while under a pet care provider’s care (in cases where the pet care provider may be otherwise liable).
- Vet care for injuries to the pet care provider’s resident pet(s) caused by a pet owner’s pet(s) (in cases where the pet owner may be otherwise liable).
- Physical damage to a pet owner’s personal property caused by the pet care provider.
- Out-of-pocket medical costs arising from injury to certain third parties caused by a pet owner’s pet(s).
- Damage to a pet owner’s property caused by their own pets.
- Injury or damage that arises outside of the dates of a service booked and paid for through PawSpace including Meet & Greets.
- Long-term vet care—i.e., care that extends more than 30 days past injury.
- Treatment costs for preventive care, a preventable illness, or a condition that is chronic, breed-specific, or pre-existing.
- Preventable conditions such as fleas, ticks, or parasites.
- Injury to the pet care provider or pet owner or someone related to or residing with the pet care provider or pet owner.
- Consequential, emotional, or other non-economic damages related to an injury or incident.
- Losses and damages paid by any other insurance including health insurance, pet insurance, homeowners insurance, or renters insurance.
- PawSpace Assurance does not provide coverage for theft. For any situation potentially including stolen property, involved parties are encouraged to reach out to local law enforcement.